Search This Blog

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Seeing The Light Through Darkness

My name is Amy, and I am 25 years old. Growing up, my family rarely attended church although I still believed in God. I prayed almost every night and lived my life the best way that I knew how.

When I was a junior in college, I moved to a big city and started hanging out with the wrong kinds of people. I did quite a few things that I am not proud of. I also stopped praying, and therefore I did not feel God in my life at all.

As a result of all of my bad choices, I became very depressed. During this darkest time in my life, I turned away from God completely. I told people that I was an Atheist. I figured that if there was a God, then He would not let me suffer from such depression.

I thought that I had turned my life around somewhat in the past year. I got engaged, and things seemed to be going relatively smoothly for me. But depression has a strange way of creeping up on you when you think you are doing fine. All of a sudden, everything was wrong in my life again. I was unhappy with my fiancé and we fought all the time, I was unhappy at work, I felt terrible about myself, and I often had suicidal thoughts.

I decided to seek help. I went on Prozac and started seeing a counselor. Then one day after a huge fight with my fiancĂ© about religion (he believes in God), I thought, ‘My life would be so much easier if I just let God back into it!’

All of a sudden, I felt ashamed that I had turned away from God for so long, and I realized that the reason I had created so many problems in my life was because I did not allow God to influence my decisions in any way. I was so scared that God would not forgive me though. I sent e-mails to several ministers that I came across on church websites and explained my situation to them, asking them if God would forgive me for denying Him for so long.

Each of the ministers replied to my e-mails, and every one of them said, “Yes, God forgives you.” These words brought tears to my eyes and were such a comfort to me! That night, I prayed to God for the first time in almost 5 years! It felt so wonderful to talk to Him again! I instantly felt this warmth in my heart, and I just knew that He was listening to my prayer.

Since that day, I have started to read the Bible and I talk to God everyday. My relationships and work and self-confidence are all improving because I let God back into my life. I am overjoyed to have religion in my life and God in my heart once again. And just like my favorite poem “Footprints,” for the longest time, I truly believed that God had abandoned me during my depression when I needed Him most. Now I see that He was there beside me all along…I am the one who made the choice to ignore Him.

God IS love, and God will forgive us because we are all sinners! Life is so much better if you just let God in! Thank you. Source: http://www.godswork.org/testimony198.htm

Diposting oleh Hadi Kristadi untuk PENTAS KESAKSIAN
http://pentas-kesaksian.blogspot.com

Kesaksian Pembaca Buku "Mukjizat Kehidupan"

Pada tanggal 28 Oktober 2009 datang SMS dari seorang Ibu di NTT, bunyinya:
"Terpujilah Tuhan karena buku "Mukjizat Kehidupan", saya belajar untuk bisa mengampuni, sabar, dan punya waktu di hadirat Tuhan, dan akhirnya Rumah Tangga saya dipulihkan, suami saya sudah mau berdoa. Buku ini telah jadi berkat buat teman-teman di Pasir Panjang, Kupang, NTT. Kami belajar mengasihi, mengampuni, dan selalu punya waktu berdoa."

Hall of Fame - Daftar Pembaca Yang Diberkati Buku Mukjizat Kehidupan

  • A. Rudy Hartono Kurniawan - Juara All England 8 x dan Asian Hero
  • B. Pdt. DR. Ir. Niko Njotorahardjo
  • C. Pdt. Ir. Djohan Handojo
  • D. Jeffry S. Tjandra - Worshipper
  • E. Pdt. Petrus Agung - Semarang
  • F. Bpk. Irsan
  • G. Ir. Ciputra - Jakarta
  • H. Pdt. Dr. Danny Tumiwa SH
  • I. Erich Unarto S.E - Pendiri dan Pemimpin "Manna Sorgawi"
  • J. Beni Prananto - Pengusaha
  • K. Aryanto Agus Mulyo - Partner Kantor Akuntan
  • L. Ir. Handaka Santosa - CEO Senayan City
  • M. Pdt. Drs. Budi Sastradiputra - Jakarta
  • N. Pdm. Lim Lim - Jakarta
  • O. Lisa Honoris - Kawai Music Shool Jakarta
  • P. Ny. Rachel Sudarmanto - Jakarta
  • Q. Ps. Levi Supit - Jakarta
  • R. Pdt. Samuel Gunawan - Jakarta
  • S. F.A Djaya - Tamara Jaya - By Pass Ngurah Rai - Jimbaran - Bali
  • T. Ps. Kong - City Blessing Church - Jakarta
  • U. dr. Yoyong Kohar - Jakarta
  • V. Haryanto - Gereja Katholik - Jakarta
  • W. Fanny Irwanto - Jakarta
  • X. dr. Sylvia/Yan Cen - Jakarta
  • Y. Ir. Junna - Jakarta
  • Z. Yudi - Raffles Hill - Cibubur
  • ZA. Budi Setiawan - GBI PRJ - Jakarta
  • ZB. Christine - Intercon - Jakarta
  • ZC. Budi Setiawan - CWS Kelapa Gading - Jakarta
  • ZD. Oshin - Menara BTN - Jakarta
  • ZE. Johan Sunarto - Tanah Pasir - Jakarta
  • ZF. Waney - Jl. Kesehatan - Jakarta
  • ZG. Lukas Kacaribu - Jakarta
  • ZH. Oma Lydia Abraham - Jakarta
  • ZI. Elida Malik - Kuningan Timur - Jakarta
  • ZJ. Luci - Sunter Paradise - Jakarta
  • ZK. Irene - Arlin Indah - Jakarta Timur
  • ZL. Ny. Hendri Suswardani - Depok
  • ZM. Marthin Tertius - Bank Artha Graha - Manado
  • ZN. Titin - PT. Tripolyta - Jakarta
  • ZO. Wiwiek - Menteng - Jakarta
  • ZP. Agatha - PT. STUD - Menara Batavia - Jakarta
  • ZR. Albertus - Gunung Sahari - Jakarta
  • ZS. Febryanti - Metro Permata - Jakarta
  • ZT. Susy - Metro Permata - Jakarta
  • ZU. Justanti - USAID - Makassar
  • ZV. Welian - Tangerang
  • ZW. Dwiyono - Karawaci
  • ZX. Essa Pujowati - Jakarta
  • ZY. Nelly - Pejaten Timur - Jakarta
  • ZZ. C. Nugraheni - Gramedia - Jakarta
  • ZZA. Myke - Wisma Presisi - Jakarta
  • ZZB. Wesley - Simpang Darmo Permai - Surabaya
  • ZZC. Ray Monoarfa - Kemang - Jakarta
  • ZZD. Pdt. Sunaryo Djaya - Bethany - Jakarta
  • ZZE. Max Boham - Sidoarjo - Jatim
  • ZZF. Julia Bing - Semarang
  • ZZG. Rika - Tanjung Karang
  • ZZH. Yusak Prasetyo - Batam
  • ZZI. Evi Anggraini - Jakarta
  • ZZJ. Kodden Manik - Cilegon
  • ZZZZ. ISI NAMA ANDA PADA KOLOM KOMENTAR UNTUK DIMASUKKAN DALAM DAFTAR INI